Thursday, March 12, 2009

There is always hope

I realize I have not posted since December and it is now a new year. I am going to try to start posting almost everyday (a bit of a far-reaching goal). Regardless, I am so excited and hopeful. It appeared I would not get summer funding this summer (gulp!); however there appears to be one nice graduate student in this program after all. Once she found that she had summer funding, she is willing to "give me" her class this summer so that I may teach it and hopefully get a little funding from it as well. Also not to mention the class is a topic on which I am doing a comps paper on right now. I am excited, but I cautioned her to do what was in her best interest (why I am so benevolent?) but to definitely keep me in mind. For some reason (apparently there is also at least one grad student here with a conscious) she believed that teaching and getting paid while receiving other sources of funding is not right (wow! I've been saying that all along). If I can only count on one person to be so nice, it would truly be a "turning point" in my graduate school trajectory.

No comments: