Sunday, March 22, 2009

A lazy day...

Nice start to a lazy day, which is the pre-spring break fever I seem to get every year. The pre-spring break aspect comes from having the latest spring break ever (last week of March), so that I feel the need for some fun on the weekend before the last week before spring break, if you can follow.




Woke up, sun was sun-shiney and beautiful considering we had been having rain and snow for the last few months. I got up in the morning to find Clyde throughly enjoying the sun. By sticking his head between the blinds in the back door, he was "sun-bathing" while his rear-end was sticking outside the blinds. Animals do odd things. I have to wonder if this is what I would look like if I could only go outside when someone said it was time to do so - and then go out on a leash at that.


So, I went to Columbia, MO to visit some old friends. I had the itch to drive in the country, and this seemed to accomplish the task, while at the same time I was able to relax, do some shopping, and hang-out with old friends. Nice time.



On the way to and fro, as usual, I passed the world's smallest water tower - shout out to Williamsburg, MO! This is not an effect of the photo, trust me, it is absolutely ridiculous looking!



While in Columbia, I had to snap a photo of the Ms. Pacman old-school style machine with the picture of toads playing poker on a toadstool. For those of you who knew me in my college days, this seemed the perfect metaphor as well as a throw back to the days when arcade games were fun...sometime in the 1980s I suppose.

A great trip. I came back, renewed to focus on the last week of school before spring break.











No comments: